Sep 11, 2016
Essential Information
  • Minecraft Username: ilikejason
  • Server Name: All Servers
Suggestion Information
  • Thread Title:
    Redefine Leaking Personal Information
  • Description:
    I've recently gotten banned for leaking personal information in a case that seems like it doesn't make sense. I got permanently banned for guessing someone's age so it seems to me that the definition of leaking personal information on LemonCloud is really inaccurate and one-sided.
  • What would your suggestion improve?:
    My suggestion would improve the experience on the server, it doesn't feel good to be accused of leaking personal information off of a guess you made. It would also benefit the server by giving clear guidelines on what leaking personal information means.
  • Image/Video (Link):

Commissioned

Jun 18, 2016
Scotland, UK
as a general rule you should just not have discussions about other people's personal information without their consent, it doesn't really matter whether you are confident in whether the information is right or not because if it is right then you've still gone and told the whole server what her age is

so yeah I think your ban is valid but the rules are fairly vague (intentionally, I expect) but I don't see simply placing a note in the rule description telling people to generally stay away from discussing personal information damaging the effectiveness of the rule at all so on that point, +1

Reactions: Noobez

gunned

Nov 1, 2020
I see, you can make an appeal if you think it was unfair for you, just don't try to guess there age
Have a wonderful day <3
That's not the point though, I understand that staff have a lot going on and can't always be on top of chat etc... But they need to start investigating the problem instead of just banning people.

Regards gunned.

oTurtlz

Nov 23, 2020
United States
That's not the point though, I understand that staff have a lot going on and can't always be on top of chat etc... But they need to start investigating the problem instead of just banning people.

Regards gunned.
I see your point, although staff members are not looking, there could be another reason why he got banned, but I do think this is really unfair to get perm banned. they probaly should have looked before hand.

gunned

Nov 1, 2020
Yeah, I agree that it should be a perm ban, As leaking personal information is a serious matter, But instead of banning someone over "guessing someones age" That's just stupid, But honestly there is always the other side of the story, So can't really say too much about it.

Regards gunned.

oTurtlz

Nov 23, 2020
United States
Yeah, I agree that it should be a perm ban, As leaking personal information is a serious matter, But instead of banning someone over "guessing someones age" That's just stupid, But honestly there is always the other side of the story, So can't really say too much about it.

Regards gunned.
Unless we ask what happened and there situation

gunned

Nov 1, 2020
Unless we ask what happened and there situation
Yeah but that comes down to staff as that's their responsibility, They should always check logs to make sure it backs up the other person's claims, "They might already do this, How ever I think only above mod can check logs.

Regards gunned.

oTurtlz

Nov 23, 2020
United States
Yeah but that comes down to staff as that's their responsibility, They should always check logs to make sure it backs up the other person's claims, "They might already do this, How ever I think only above mod can check logs.

Regards gunned.
hm i see alright, im done with this thread now lol

Reactions: gunned

cowpuns

Staff Member
Administrator
Feb 27, 2016
United States
Hello,

You should not be permanently banned for attempting to guess someone's age in chat. That does not break any of our rules, and if you were banned for doing so, you should have messaged one of the operators about your punishment. The "Leaking Personal Information" punishment is reserved for those who attempt to dox others, and it is up to staff interpretation whether or not certain things are punishable. It would be hard to set more strict guidelines than there already are in place since every dox has different circumstances. For these reasons, your suggestion has been denied.

Regardless, thank you for making a suggestion on LemonCloud.

- Feedback Team

Status
Not open for further replies.