[Guide] Some PvP tips [Repost]

misttea

Oct 27, 2016
Canada, Ontario
Hey guys, now, some of you may be thinking "Hey, didn't he post this thread already?" well yeah, I did, BUT, I got it deleted and I am going to put it under this section so it gets more recognition, plus, the old one was locked for no apparent reason.

Key/Legend:
Red: (Heading)
Blue : (Sub Title)
Green (Optional Notes)
Orange: (Key Words/Phrases) this helps to skim through the info and only see the important parts

Mouse/Mice

DPI:

I highly suggest you take this into consideration, this section is about the Precision and Quality of your Aim, if your DPI is set very high (ie. 1000+) you will have to put minimum effort into moving you Mice, but it will be Harder to Aim, also if you Jitter Click, it will mess up you Aim as your FOV will be jerking everywhere making it harder to aim, I have my DPI set to 725, (works well for me) for me it insures I have the quality of my Jitter Clicking there, but also the Precision I need, I can not Suggest a DPI for anyone as I do not know what mice you have, But Experiment with what works best for you.

Mice Style:

Now the Style of your Mice can be on personal preference, but I suggest a Ergonomic Mouse
(A mouse that is designed to fit and comfort the human hand, try not to get a over the top one but a simple one like a 'Platinum Ergonomic Mouse' which is perfect in my Opinion) as it is the best choice out there, now the company depends, but Razer Mice don't last very long, and are too pricey for their use.

Clicking:

Grip Style:

There are different ways to hold a mouse (beleive it not) to make some forms of clicking easier;
  • Relaxed Palm Grip, this is where your palm and fingers are resting on the Mouse relaxed, this is commonly used for normal clicking or Butterfly Clicking.
  • Claw Grip, this is where the Back of your palm is resting on the back of the mouse, and your fingers and thumb are grip the Mouse like a Claw, this is commonly used for Jitter Clicking
  • Winged Grip, this one is unique, it is a Claw Grip but when Jittering your Middle Finger, Ring Finger and Pinky are not touching the mouse and are elevated and straightened to maintain a Jitter Click, this is useful as it puts less stress on your Wrist and Hand
Jittering:

Now when Jittering you must be using the Claw Grip or Winged Grip, in order to Jitter you Tense up or Flex the muscles in your Forearm to cause a Vibration or Jitter to happen in your arm, once you have done that, practice this technique for 10 minutes a day so you get muscle memory (DO NOT DO 1 HOUR SESSIONS WHEN STARTING OR PERMANENT HAND DAMAGE MAY BE CAUSED IF NOT CAREFUL) and can be more fluent in PvP, this technique is widely used and is one of the most popular methods.

Butterfly Clicking:

In order to Butterfly Click you must use the Relaxed Palm Grip, when clicking you use both Index and Middle finger to click LMB (Left Mouse Button) When Butterfly clicking the Middle Finger still hits the RMB (Right mouse Button) and will be independent on that, as it is inconvenient, it will become natural with time, unlike Jitter Clicking, you do not tense up or Flex any muscles, just alternate the clicking of both fingers to achieve Butterfly clicking, this method does not do permanent damage to the hand and is the same but slower option, here is a Video example of Butterfly Clicking and Jitter Clicking:

Inventory/Hotbar:

Now, Hotbar arrangement is very important, when in a situation your hotbar should look like this if you're playing UHC, MCSG (in some application) and Skywars

876021e630b40f1fae99146b966c108d.png

Slot 1: Melee Weapon, such as Sword, Axe, etc.
Slot 2: Depends, Blocks for UHC and Skywars, Cobwebs in MCSG (or replace with anything else important)
Slot 3: Fishing Rod, this is used to knock your enemy back and deal some extra hits, the number 3 slot is right above the 'W' Key and is easily accessible
Slot 4: Bow, this is also easily accessible and is a ranged weapon, this will allow for long range hits or hits that a Melee weapon can not reach
Slot 5: Golden Apples, this is very important, this is a key location for your Golden apples so you can access them easily, it is suggested to be put in this location so it is in the 5 closest slots in your hotbar to the 'WASD' Keys
Slot 6: Lava, Water, Flint and Steel etc.
Slot 7: Lava, Water, Flint and Steel etc.
Slot 8: Arrows, this is to keep track of your arrows to make sure you don't run out of arrows and don't realize
Slot 9: Food, this is self explanatory, this will be here to replenish any hunger that is lost

Side Effects:

This is very important, this is displaying some risks you are Taking when following some of these methods, if any injury, property damage, etc. is caused by these threads, I will NOT be held responsible as these steps are being taken at your own Risk

Jitter CLicking Effects:

Jitter Clicking can cause numerous problem with the hand, and no, Arthritis is not caused by Jittering, Arthritis is the decay and weakening of bones, and in jittering you are using your muscles, also no Scientific research lead to Jittering Causing Arthritis, However, Jittering does cause Carpal Tunnel Syndrome which will be explained in this Video

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is where the thumb side of your hand is in pain while the Pinky side is numb, which isn't pleasant, although there are 4 simple Exercises that can be performed to reduce the risk that are explained and performed in the Video.

This is the Thread Guys, hope you learned something and have a Great day!

-Kai // injectant

NOTE: I am no PvP Guru, this is just things I have learned, researched and have figured out over the past time I have been PvPing

Last edited:

Flarzo

Feb 27, 2016
Murica
Inventory/Hotbar:

Now, Hotbar arrangement is very important, when in a situation your hotbar should look like this if you're playing UHC, MCSG (in some application) and Skywars

Slot 1: Melee Weapon, such as Sword, Axe, etc.
Slot 2: Depends, Blocks for UHC and Skywars, Cobwebs in MCSG (or replace with anything else important)
Slot 3: Fishing Rod, this is used to knock your enemy back and deal some extra hits, the number 3 slot is right above the 'W' Key and is easily accessible
Slot 4: Bow, this is also easily accessible and is a ranged weapon, this will allow for long range hits or hits that a Melee weapon can not reach
Slot 5: Golden Apples, this is very important, this is a key location for your Golden apples so you can access them easily, it is suggested to be put in this location so it is in the 5 closest slots in your hotbar to the 'WASD' Keys
Slot 6: Lava, Water, Flint and Steel etc.
Slot 7: Lava, Water, Flint and Steel etc.
Jitter CLicking Effects:

Jitter Clicking can cause numerous problem with the hand, and no, Arthritis is not caused by Jittering, Arthritis is the decay and weakening of bones, and in jittering you are using your muscles, also no Scientific research lead to Jittering Causing Arthritis, However, Jittering does cause Carpal Tunnel Syndrome which will be explained in this Video

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is where the thumb side of your hand is in pain while the Pinky side is numb, which isn't pleasant, although there are 4 simple Exercises that can be performed to reduce the risk that are explained and performed in the Video.

This is the Thread Guys, hope you learned something and have a Great day!

-Kai // injectant

NOTE: I am no PvP Guru, this is just things I have learned, researched and have figured out over the past time I have been PvPing
myth!!
Slot 8: Arrows, this is to keep track of your arrows to make sure you don't run out of arrows and don't realize
Slot 9: Food, this is self explanatory, this will be here to replenish any hunger that is lost
ew ugly hot bar
but Razer Mice don't last very long, and are too pricey for their use.
fight me

Narwhalogy

Jun 22, 2017
Croatia
I feel like the item you have to right click to use(like the blocks) should be your slot 1 and sword in 2 and yeah

But good guide either way

Zolyth

Oct 29, 2015
Somewhere on Planet "Mars"
I'll tell you now your whole butterfly clicking guide is wrong and stupid, and that's coming from someone that only butterfly clicks.

You can use both the relaxed grip and claw grip to butterfly. In the claw grip you put the tip of your middle and index finger down on the LMB and butterfly as normal. I find this way more effective than the other one.
Also, sometimes is if you tense up your hand it helps when you butterfly imo.