How to get better at PvP [Three Step Guide For Beginners]

Clumsy

Sep 15, 2017
  • As I've seen through 4 years of playing Minecraft, players tend to lack the skill of being able to PvP at an advanced level. Factions involves a large amount of PvP and KitPvP is PvP. I'm going to be covering three topics that should help you with PvP. I will also be explaining each part and why it's necessary, so you can have a full understanding of what you're doing and why you're doing it.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

• First component to PvP: Clicking (cps)
  • Clicking is the second most important part of PvPing, the faster you click the better. Now, it is true that you can only hit other players at a certain speed so a lower cps may work, however a higher cps proves to be more efficient. I did a livestream on a private server of mine once, it was a test of how good I was with different ranges of clicks per second. I began with turning on a 6cps sutoclicker and aim assist set to maximum, I won by 3 pots. (The player I was fighting was fairly knowledgeable with PvP and not bad at all) I turned on a 15 cps autoclicker with aim assist set to the maximum and I won by 14 pots. I strafed the same way both fights, he played the same both fights, all of the variables were eliminated. My combos were longer and more effective with higher cps. Why? After you hit, there's a cooldown until the next hit can register. You may take more time to get the click off on the cooldown when it's reset with a lower cps, but if you're clicking 15 cps then you have a better chance of hitting right off the cooldown.
  • Yes, it is possible to be a straight up GOD with 6 cps like PotFast, however I was able to go 3-0 against him without having as good aim. That proved that my high cps of 15 to 18 (which I can prove) is beneficial.
  • How do I get high cps? There are two ways, I'll tell you one of them because the other will get you banned. You can jitterclick. This is the technique I use to PvP. Jitterclicking is super effective, but hard to do. Age has a significant role in jittering, as I've grown older I jitter faster. I'm going to tell you how I jitter personally. I recommend being 13+. IMPORTANT: JITTERCLICKING CAN CAUSE SERIOUS HAND AND ARM INJURIES WHEN DONE TOO OFTEN. So, you'll want to rest your thumb on the left side of the mouse, your pointer and middle finger on the left click, and your ring finger on the right click. Rest your pinky on the outer right side of the mouse. Your thumb and pinky hold the mouse to improve aim. You want to flex your arm muscle, flex it as hard as you can so your whole arm is shaking, vibrating, or jittering. Focus the vibrations from your arm onto your hand and onto the mouse. At first, it shouldn't be too fast. You'll want to just click, PC off for around 10 minutes and practice jittering accurately in certain spots of your monitor, such as the very center. Now, open Minecraft and log onto a practice server, or even LC KitPvP! Practice your aim and keep practicing for hours a day.

• The next step is having good aim. Let's be honest here, without good aim you're nothing. Clicks won't matter, w tap/block hits won't matter. To have good aim, it's vital to have a strong and powerful PC or laptop. You'll need 60 fps or more, constantly, to have successful aim. Now that you've practiced jittering and aiming your jitter, this shouldn't be too hard. There's not much explaining I can do for aiming, because it's all about solid reaction time and being able to predict the KB/movements of your enemy. There is one tip I can give. Subscribe to Latenci and iSparkton for PvP packs that will give you good FPS and help your aim. You may be amazing with some packs and terrible with others, it's all about personal preference. Find packs you like, mainly with different crosshairs. There is a crosshair mod that was released, allowing you to change the crosshair of your pack. You can also go into paint.net(application) with your texture pack and edit the crosshairs or whatever you'd like. Click the pack folder > assets > what you want go change > open with > paint.net. Erase what you don't want and draw what you do.

• The last, and most important component to PvP is w tap, s tap, and block hitting. They're all relatively the same thing, and for the same use.
  • What do they do? These techniques cause the player you're hitting, on impact, to take slightly more knockback. This makes it harder for them to hit you and easier for you to hit them. Many PvPers call this "walking the dog." You don't want to click w or s or block too fast, then you'll go way too slow and you'll be the one getting combo'd. It's all about timing. Ideally, with these, you want to hit them and then be out of range for them to hit you. Sprint and hit them, slow down and be out of range for them to hit you. Rather than describing, I'll show you what it looks like with some of my clips. The first one was taken by someone else. You can see how they can't hit me, even when they jump up. The second and third were recorded by me. I used the blockhit technique in both of these. Feel free to look up an s tap or w tap montage on YouTube. Kevstah also made a video describing this. Watching PvP videos helps you get a better understanding of what to do.

• I take full credit for this, I've just written this now. I hope it helps, good luck my PvPers! :)

Clumsy

Sep 15, 2017
@Clumsy whats the other clicking strat that gets you banned? butterfly clicking? I do it all the time on LC I don't get banned but like good prac servers it's bannable idk why
It just gets you banned by the anti cheat half the time, I was banned on Faithful for doing it at 22 cps. And yes, it's butterfly clicking I was talking about.
I just said that so players would stay on the safe side, ya get me?

Clumsy

Sep 15, 2017
ya ya. I get 12-15 cps butterfly, all depends
It does, however I feel like jittering is just safer when it comes to anti cheats. I might take a moment to add butterfly clicking into the thread if I feel it's necessary.

Clumsy

Sep 15, 2017
sounds good. we should 1v1 some time for my channel
Yeah I'd be down, it will have to be past January 9th because I'm going on a mini vacation today. I'm just bringing my i5 laptop so I can practice a bit at night and stay in the game.

Oct 30, 2016
USA
I really like your guide, however, I have extreme troubles with jitterclicking and butterfly clicking. I don't want to hurt myself with jitterclicking, but when I butterfly click I can't get above 8 CPS, which I only get on rare occasions. I usually get around 5 CPS. Do you have any tips on how I could improve my butterfly clicking speed?

Clumsy

Sep 15, 2017
I really like your guide, however, I have extreme troubles with jitterclicking and butterfly clicking. I don't want to hurt myself with jitterclicking, but when I butterfly click I can't get above 8 CPS, which I only get on rare occasions. I usually get around 5 CPS. Do you have any tips on how I could improve my butterfly clicking speed?
I don't want to draw you away from jitter clicking, it's on very rare occasion that an injury may occur, and only a result of excessive clicking if so. You don't have to worry about it as I only know of one case.

Oct 30, 2016
USA
I don't want to draw you away from jitter clicking, it's on very rare occasion that an injury may occur, and only a result of excessive clicking if so. You don't have to worry about it as I only know of one case.

I'm younger than 13 which is the main reason I don't want to do it.

Oct 30, 2016
USA
Okay so first, are you sure you're butterfly clicking? Butterfly clicking is usually fast, 5 cps sounds like normal clicking.

Yeah, I am butterfly clicking. I'm just not very good at it and I'm wondering if you have any tips on how to improve.
[doublepost=1514940852,1514940481][/doublepost]

My mouse isn't really that good either, but does that even matter? I mean, I have a mouse than can click pretty fast and smoothly for my laptop and I get the same for both my desktop which has a bad mouse and my laptop.

FatBubbha

Jun 12, 2016
Sometimes I'm trying to aim and then my mouse goes everyone and I lose my guy wtf??? How can I stop this from happening!?

FatBubbha

Jun 12, 2016
No I only like to use apple hardware because I LOVE the company and want to support them!
I have an iphone 8, macbook air and apple magic mouse 2.

Also, me poor so me no afford good gaming hardware :(