SkyBlock Feedback and Ideas

volita

Aug 18, 2018
mine.ly/istealurgirl
linktr.ee
I think its important to acknowledge the problems LC has so management can improve them. Hypixel is a very successful server and a model for what a good MC server should be, and realistically can be if they're willing to put player experience over profit. Making LC Skyblock slightly more similar to Hypixel isn't necessarily a bad thing if it improves player experience and people like it.
agreed but this guy is talking about adding dungeons which are puzzles which give exclusive rewards LOL
i’m not saying lc shouldn’t look at what the biggest servers are doing at all, I’m saying that ripping directly from hypixel skyblock’s content isn’t the way to do it

Reactions: xpres
Feb 4, 2017
Yuki022
oh boy, i’ve been waiting for this one.

me and another staff member have been working on a huge skyblock revamp document, which we’re not quite done with yet. when the time comes that we finish, i’ll be sure to post the thread here for all to see : )

otherwise, i look forward to seeing a new reset on the server, and in general i think we need to focus on removing the overpowered aspect from the server and revert more back to the old seasons of the game. a smart decision would be the removal of minions and the like, as well as removing types of wands. these things completely take away the grind of skyblock as a whole, and make it easier than ever to make money. i’ve already made a huge post about stacker wands here, and i think the same applies to other overpowered aspects in current lemoncloud skyblock. check it out if you’d like, and look forward to seeing that thread ; )
I completely agree with this, we need to make the skyblock server more economy focused and a lot more simplified, we need a much more improved economy and that needs to be the focus, if anyone remembers skyblock 2.0 back in 2016 that's a perfect example of what we need to revert back to. Also, my advice to the people making the reset is to take all the time you need on this and don't release to early, we can wait.

Reactions: JakeNoot

snw

Staff Member
Manager
Jul 22, 2015
What sort of economy would you guys like to see? Would you like to see a switch to farming with custom crops etc...

JakeNoot

Staff Member
Mar 12, 2016
Antarctica
noot.space
What sort of economy would you guys like to see? Would you like to see a switch to farming with custom crops etc...
Please, please, please can we have a dynamic economy that changes based on what players are buying and selling // farming. We were going to have a similar system for Space when that was released but it never ended up working. Also lets have an economy that's based more off of big farms and less off of spawners/grinders! Please bring back the days of huge cactus profit shops and giant melon/pumpkin farms : )

Reactions: TheSauceBauce69

volita

Aug 18, 2018
mine.ly/istealurgirl
linktr.ee
to create a successful skyblock economy (in my opinion) there are 2 key components you need. 1 is, as jake said above, a dynamic ever-changing economy based in some way off of the stock market so people can’t just build like one giant farm and then afk for the rest of the season and be #1 baltop
2 is consistent updates giving players new things to do, if anything I’d honestly recommend leaving it pretty feature dry upon release, and then, after observing how the economy is flowing and what people are doing to make money, adding in new features like custom crops or quests which will pull people back in and keep players on their toes so the richest players are the ones who actively stay up to date with the server instead of spending $300 at the start of the season and then leaving their pcs on for the next 3 months
both of these concepts have been done by hypixel but I believe they are general enough that LC could take them and make something unique and interesting out of them, provided they actually put in the time and resources

tl;dr make eco changing and update consistently

referring back to my original post in this thread I have a hard time believing this season will hold up to our expectations based on past experience with this server but if they pull it off I think it’ll actually become a really fun and enjoyable gamemode.
also please please please beta test I’d say hold like a week long private beta with the skyblock content team and give them all like $200 store credit so they can test the robots and upgrades and stuff without having to spend money on a beta. these upgrades would not be permanent obviously, but it’s so so important to get experienced players’ feedback on the game pre release

Commissioned

Jun 18, 2016
Scotland, UK
Please, please, please can we have a dynamic economy that changes based on what players are buying and selling // farming. We were going to have a similar system for Space when that was released but it never ended up working. Also lets have an economy that's based more off of big farms and less off of spawners/grinders
i mean i dont really see how these two can be guaranteed to go together, if it's a dynamic economy based on supply and demand then it's the players that are going to end up deciding whether big farms or mob spawners are dominant

but yeah i +1 the dynamic economy suggestion, it would actually make it more of a classic skyblock experience where you are having to continually refine and build new farms and are able to decorate your island in between rather than the current situation where as volita said you just afk until you get £££ then play it like it's creative

adding in new features like custom crops or quests which will pull people back in and keep players on their toes so the richest players are the ones who actively stay up to date with the server instead of spending $300 at the start of the season and then leaving their pcs on for the next 3 months
feel like these features should still exist at the beginning of the season but are added to over the season ie at the start of the season there might be 2 or 3 custom crops and this is added to through updates, same with the quests there's a fair number of them at the beginning and more are added over time, with rewards that mean it's actually worth bothering to come back and do the quests to get them
also please please please beta test I’d say hold like a week long private beta with the skyblock content team and give them all like $200 store credit so they can test the robots and upgrades and stuff without having to spend money on a beta. these upgrades would not be permanent obviously, but it’s so so important to get experienced players’ feedback on the game pre release
yes and dont do the beta the immediate week before it's meant to release like i swear lc always does this and then it's ridden with bugs but then they realise oh wait we didn't actually leave any time to fix them

iOppy

Mar 11, 2015
United States of America
Please, please, please can we have a dynamic economy that changes based on what players are buying and selling // farming. We were going to have a similar system for Space when that was released but it never ended up working. Also lets have an economy that's based more off of big farms and less off of spawners/grinders! Please bring back the days of huge cactus profit shops and giant melon/pumpkin farms : )
I agree with this wholeheartedly, a dynamic economy sounds like a great system. An economy that adjusts to the players is something that can fix the economy becoming broken so quickly into the reset. I also think that going back to the farming days would be great, something I can grind out and build! I still remember making cactus farms back in those days and it was so fun seeing all the effort I had put into that farm yield results.

Reactions: DarkCloudNM

volita

Aug 18, 2018
mine.ly/istealurgirl
linktr.ee
feel like these features should still exist at the beginning of the season but are added to over the season ie at the start of the season there might be 2 or 3 custom crops and this is added to through updates, same with the quests there's a fair number of them at the beginning and more are added over time, with rewards that mean it's actually worth bothering to come back and do the quests to get the
ye not saying they shouldn’t develop everything just hold off on releasing certain features until ppl have settled in to the eco

Reactions: Commissioned
Nov 2, 2020
Hi everyone,

We'd like to collect some ideas and suggestions for the upcoming SkyBlock reset, and we'd like to hear your opinions on the following new additions we may be adding. We'd love to make this season extra-special for you guys after supporting the server for so long.
  • Per world islands
    • In an attempt to combat any lag issues, we're going to put each island in their own world. You will still have an island border, however there will be no neighbors and room for even bigger expansions.​
  • New core
    • We'll be straying away from the current plugin we use for the SkyBlock server, allowing us to add our own unique content, which you can view below.​
  • Custom quests plugin
    • Quests will provide content through long term quests and dailys, but it will also guide starting players through the early game.​
  • Custom plants/crops/trees
    • We'd like to add custom crops and plants to the game - let us know what you think about this! They would potentially have their own eco, and there'd be different types of crops (rare/common) etc..​
  • Robots
    • The current Minion plugin is very buggy and terrible to use, we're looking to rebuild it ourselves and replace Minions with Robots. These could have cool animations and complete a lot more tasks, and potentially have basic ones available in crates.​
Let us know your ideas and if you have any suggestions to do with our ideas!
I hope we make it not as pay to win as high levels and people without strict asian parents can buy things with IRL money easily.

Bouncyguy24

Apr 2, 2019
to create a successful skyblock economy (in my opinion) there are 2 key components you need. 1 is, as jake said above, a dynamic ever-changing economy based in some way off of the stock market so people can’t just build like one giant farm and then afk for the rest of the season and be #1 baltop
2 is consistent updates giving players new things to do, if anything I’d honestly recommend leaving it pretty feature dry upon release, and then, after observing how the economy is flowing and what people are doing to make money, adding in new features like custom crops or quests which will pull people back in and keep players on their toes so the richest players are the ones who actively stay up to date with the server instead of spending $300 at the start of the season and then leaving their pcs on for the next 3 months
both of these concepts have been done by hypixel but I believe they are general enough that LC could take them and make something unique and interesting out of them, provided they actually put in the time and resources

tl;dr make eco changing and update consistently

referring back to my original post in this thread I have a hard time believing this season will hold up to our expectations based on past experience with this server but if they pull it off I think it’ll actually become a really fun and enjoyable gamemode.
Completely agree, Im the richest player on Sbwater and there isnt much to grind for anymore as I am baltop 1, Would love to see the eco change and have pricing change to keep the server fresh and new. But if LC wants to add this, they need to have the commitment and dedication to, as of this season, LC doesnt have much commitment on the Skyblock servers. If LC doesnt want to commit to the servers way more than this season, it wont work. Nevertheless have a constant changing economy would be really cool and I would love to see this implemented, to keep the server fresh and interesting.

Reactions: volita

xDark_M

Oct 4, 2020
Add /rps -> rock paper scissors, A new gamble game
also add Tax from /ah, /trade and gamble games to stabilize your economy

GittyChicken

Jul 31, 2015
Wasilla, AK
I liked when you could just choose any pet you wanted and you could name them however you wanted. Not this get a pet in a crate thing, I don’t think pets should have to be won. I liked goofing around with them.

If something is in the Legendary chest then I believe it should be worth every dime you spent on it. Money shouldn’t be in the legendary chest and nor should lesser value blocks. All I’m saying is that what you get in those high value crates should be worth it, that’s where you get some of the best exclusive items in the game and I like that but just keep it exclusive. You can get money and value blocks anywhere else. Spawn should say something about LemonCloud, Factions gets a pretty spawn so why not Skyblock. The starting islands used to be so cool. Honestly I’d be so happy to see a nice spawn that’s just nice to look at and chill with friends. Spawners would be nice to buy in bulk.

volita

Aug 18, 2018
mine.ly/istealurgirl
linktr.ee
I liked when you could just choose any pet you wanted and you could name them however you wanted. Not this get a pet in a crate thing, I don’t think pets should have to be won. I liked goofing around with them.

If something is in the Legendary chest then I believe it should be worth every dime you spent on it. Money shouldn’t be in the legendary chest and nor should lesser value blocks. All I’m saying is that what you get in those high value crates should be worth it, that’s where you get some of the best exclusive items in the game and I like that but just keep it exclusive. You can get money and value blocks anywhere else. Spawn should say something about LemonCloud, Factions gets a pretty spawn so why not Skyblock. The starting islands used to be so cool. Honestly I’d be so happy to see a nice spawn that’s just nice to look at and chill with friends. Spawners would be nice to buy in bulk.
the pets thing will never happen as that’s a loss in profit for lc and they’ll never do that
the whole point of crates is that its a chance thing — if you’re guaranteed good items from crates it’d just be completely p2w and no one would play because the only people who would get anywhere are the ones who spend their college fund on the server

xpres

Apr 21, 2020
sike you thought
the pets thing will never happen as that’s a loss in profit for lc and they’ll never do that
the whole point of crates is that its a chance thing — if you’re guaranteed good items from crates it’d just be completely p2w and no one would play because the only people who would get anywhere are the ones who spend their college fund on the server
correction: more p2w than it already is*

Reactions: volita

skilledfire

Dec 12, 2020
All of the OP ideas sound like great additions, along with both Fragmenter's, and r0binator's quality of life suggestions. I personally would love if the reset came sooner rather than later since the current Skyblock is so buggy. Perhaps focusing most development effort on bugs and quality of life changes, while adding only a handful of brand new features (such as OP), could allow for a quick, stable, and satisfying update.

P.S. As for custom chat colors, it should be added back and if it was removed because it made chat hard to filter for staff, then give staff members an option to disable chat color only for their client, so everyone else can still see the custom colors.

Last edited:

GittyChicken

Jul 31, 2015
Wasilla, AK
All of the OP ideas sound like great additions, along with both Fragmenter's, and r0binator's quality of life suggestions. I personally would love if the reset came sooner rather than later since the current Skyblock is so buggy. Perhaps focusing most development effort on bugs and quality of life changes, while adding only a handful of brand new features (such as OP), could allow for a quick, stable, and satisfying update.

P.S. As for custom chat colors, it should be added back and if it was removed because it made chat hard to filter for staff, then give staff members an option to disable chat color only for their client, so everyone else can still see the custom colors.

Staff having red allows the players to see that message easier allowing for staff members to get their messages noticed by those they're intended by aka trouble makers. I think when a staff member is on a server that all chat colors should be temporarily disabled if they do bring colors back. What do you think?