SkyBlock Feedback and Ideas

Commissioned

Jun 18, 2016
Scotland, UK
All of the OP ideas sound like great additions, along with both Fragmenter's, and r0binator's quality of life suggestions. I personally would love if the reset came sooner rather than later since the current Skyblock is so buggy. Perhaps focusing most development effort on bugs and quality of life changes, while adding only a handful of brand new features (such as OP), could allow for a quick, stable, and satisfying update.

P.S. As for custom chat colors, it should be added back and if it was removed because it made chat hard to filter for staff, then give staff members an option to disable chat color only for their client, so everyone else can still see the custom colors.
Staff having red allows the players to see that message easier allowing for staff members to get their messages noticed by those they're intended by aka trouble makers. I think when a staff member is on a server that all chat colors should be temporarily disabled if they do bring colors back. What do you think?
alternatively just have red reserved as a staff colour and they will always stand out, because red is of course a very vibrant and stark colour

skilledfire

Dec 12, 2020
Staff having red allows the players to see that message easier allowing for staff members to get their messages noticed by those they're intended by aka trouble makers. I think when a staff member is on a server that all chat colors should be temporarily disabled if they do bring colors back. What do you think?
I think that can be completely avoided by allowing staff a special PM command. The command, when used, will highlight (by having a unique font, font size, or a popup outside chat) the staff member's text on the recipient's screen, and perhaps play a loud sound effect. Along with that can be a command to toggle chat colors, in the case a staff member needs to notify all players. Alternatively (or additionally), allow staff exclusive use of a specific color. These are my thoughts and I don't know all of the needs that staff have on here, but I think chat color is almost an inherent feature of donator ranks.

wehnwu

Dec 6, 2020
For the most part, I like the ideas that people have been mentioning, but as a person who likes to buys keys, I find some keys/crates just not worth it to the point where I feel like I got scammed. Some things that I want to see improved is the items and the percentages changed within stuff like the legendary crate key. For example, $5-6 for 1 leg key for 4% chance of stuff like the iron, gold, diamond, emerald blocks already gives you a 16% of getting those items. Adding the other stuff that some people might deem to be useless mid/late game, for example god apples, condense, smelt wand, shovel, the 500k as well as a million, might as well add the slayer minions in there, it is around a 50% chance at getting something that people might not deem worth it. For the most part, I just want something that is more worth it, like throw in cos keys, tag keys, multiple ultra or mega keys for example, or just something that doesn't feel like money was straight wasted. Another idea would be simply updating the crates as the economy/season go on. Also, I am not sure if it was intended this way or it was a glitch, but I hate the fact that you can get a duplicate tag and the key basically goes to waste. I just hope that they make it so that even if people were to buy something, it would be worth it. Like imagine someone saving for a key just to get basically nothing.

OllieBell

Staff Member
Helper
May 31, 2016
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For the most part, I like the ideas that people have been mentioning, but as a person who likes to buys keys, I find some keys/crates just not worth it to the point where I feel like I got scammed. Some things that I want to see improved is the items and the percentages changed within stuff like the legendary crate key. For example, $5-6 for 1 leg key for 4% chance of stuff like the iron, gold, diamond, emerald blocks already gives you a 16% of getting those items. Adding the other stuff that some people might deem to be useless mid/late game, for example god apples, condense, smelt wand, shovel, the 500k as well as a million, might as well add the slayer minions in there, it is around a 50% chance at getting something that people might not deem worth it. For the most part, I just want something that is more worth it, like throw in cos keys, tag keys, multiple ultra or mega keys for example, or just something that doesn't feel like money was straight wasted. Another idea would be simply updating the crates as the economy/season go on. Also, I am not sure if it was intended this way or it was a glitch, but I hate the fact that you can get a duplicate tag and the key basically goes to waste. I just hope that they make it so that even if people were to buy something, it would be worth it. Like imagine someone saving for a key just to get basically nothing.
I strongly agree with this. Not only could this lead to more income for the server but as well it is something that is sorely needed.