What needs changing and fixing with Prison?

snw

Staff Member
Manager
Content Team
Events Team
Jul 22, 2015
Hi everyone!

We are working hard to release an OP Prison reset next month. We previously had a suggestion thread up - please use this as a place to post more suggestions, bugs, etc...

We are listening to any complaints you have to do with OP Prison. We will reward those who contribute the most to this thread.

Many thanks!

magiical

Jul 14, 2016
your dreams
I have never been interested in the prison gamemode on LC. I found it boring and nothing really drew me to the gamemode. It was popular because of the PvP aspect of it, which hasn't really carried on through the resets.

What I think would be interesting, if done well, is to add a storyline to the gamemode, something that makes you want to get through to prestige to see what happens. Your first time spawn into OpPrison is into a starting situation... maybe you are stealing lemons and iLemon catches you, you are thrown into prison where you mine to escape... I just like the idea of there being a point to escaping per say. All of the mines are pretty disconnected, there's no flow or connection to each other, it's just lots of different builds. It would be cool if they were connected into a story line and it made sense the progression between sections of the mines. Instead of buying your way to the next mine, maybe you are trying to afford a tool to buy off a guy in order to break a wall to move to the next section, or you are bribing a guard with a certain amount of money, or youre trying to afford a cookie to get another prison inmate off your back.The ranked mines can be like fast passes, you slip a lemon to some guy you know and you get into a better section of the prison.

Maybe to Prestige it costs money and you have to do a Boss battle which gets harder each time (more health) that way you have to work on getting PvP gear as well.

I'm not completely fleshing this out because I'm not even sure if it's a good idea. I just think the fact that it's literally a "prison" gamemode gives so much potential to be creative that LC has not tapped into. (also not sure if this has been done before i don't play prison on other servers either).

anyway might be dumb but that's my non-prison player thoughts

Mar 26, 2017
England
Finally!
Here's a list of current problems and additions to the reset:

.Rebuild the spawn, the current spawn is way to confusing to navigate for newer players, add portals that'll link to important places such as Plots, the current mine your at or PVP.

.Balance PVP equipment, current sharp 100's in PVP are way to overpowered they'll end a PVP match in 3 hits and makes PVP extremely boring, it has also caused players to pearl in to pvp, quickly 3 hit kill someone and pearl out as soon as possible.

.Put a time limit on ender pearls in PVP to prevent people from running away so easily.

.Make the PVP arena smaller, it's way too big.

.Add new special/custom enchants for both mining and PVP, it'll give tokens a greater use, make PVP a lot more fun and mining a lot easier.

.Change the ranks! Thug -> President should change back to Coal -> Bedrock , of course we have a new rank now so maybe add a Netherite rank after the Emerald rank or after Bedrock rank, it'll give the older players a bit of nostalgia also.

.Either get rid of plot mines or fix them, they don't work

.Fix /buy, buying command perks like /fly do not work.

.Balance grenades, they make too much money.

.Make drop parties and crate keys more worth while. Vote, Party and Uncommon keys are worthless at this point mainly because of the prizes they offer.

.Change Auction house, Bounties the Lotteries price limits. In a game mode where trillions can be made in seconds or 1 quadrillion with one nuke, 25 million per lottery ticket or 1 billion max price limit on auction house & bounties is a joke.

.Add some fun minigames back to prison like coinflip or rock paper scissors with high stakes.

.Adding back /gangs, I know the /gangs plugin lost support but if another plugin can be found that would be great.

.Boss fights. Fun and competitive, this can linked to gangs, where the winning gangs can get a large sum of money in to a gang account which will be split according to the leader.

.Plots are completely fine but like someone else requested, cells could be given as an alternative option to plots.

.Make prestiging worth it, at the moment prestiging gives nothing of value to a player at that stage; a few tokens, a bad pickaxe, a few billion and a small multiplier.

.Change the prizes in the legendary crates, I could count probably 4/28 (excluding additional legendary keys) items in the legendary crate which would actually make a player happy to receive, roughly 60%- 70% of the items in the crates a player would throw away instantly upon receiving them whether it be a few hundred billion, XP, God apples or enchant crystals, which is why players on prison almost never buy legendary keys. Like other game modes, legendary keys should have the ability to win any of the prison ranks, a lot more tokens or rare useful crystals with special enchants that I've mentioned above.

.Either fix /warp shop or get rid of it, it's broken and has no use, I think the /shop menu is a more convenient option anyways so keep /shop.

.MCMMO could be added however I recommend not to considering the disarmed ability could drive people away from PVP like it does on Skyblock.

.Pouches on the OPPrison store is horrendous, 15 pounds for a chance of 1 - 10 Trillion maybe if you're just starting it'll take you half way through the ranks but after that it's useless. Either regulate the amount of money they give for their price or get rid of them from the store.

For prison to get more players? More advertising, after LC last advertised a few months ago, Prison would easily get 40+ people at a time a day however couldn't keep these players due to how outdated prison is, after the reset and more advertising I could see new players coming into LC daily for prison and staying.

+ Prison for new players is a terrible experience, it becomes almost impossible to make progress at a point without pay to win or relying on top players, the reset needs to give newer players more independence and make more ways of making money more accessible to them instead of mining and selling tokens.

Might add to this later idk but this is what I can think of from the top of my head.

Last edited:

SmokeySteak

Staff Member
Helper
Feb 19, 2021
Finally!
Here's a list of current problems and additions to the reset:

.Rebuild the spawn, the current spawn is way to confusing to navigate for newer players, add portals that'll link to important places such as Plots, the current mine your at or PVP.

.Balance PVP equipment, current sharp 100's in PVP are way to overpowered they'll end a PVP match in 3 hits and makes PVP extremely boring, it has also caused players to pearl in to pvp, quickly 3 hit kill someone and pearl out as soon as possible.

.Put a time limit on ender pearls in PVP to prevent people from running away so easily.

.Make the PVP arena smaller, it's way too big.

.Add new special/custom enchants for both mining and PVP, it'll give tokens a greater use, make PVP a lot more fun and mining a lot easier.

.Change the ranks! Thug -> President should change back to Coal -> Bedrock , of course we have a new rank now so maybe add a Netherite rank after the Emerald rank or after Bedrock rank, it'll give the older players a bit of nostalgia also.

.Either get rid of plot mines or fix them, they don't work

.Fix /buy, buying command perks like /fly do not work.

.Balance grenades, they make too much money.

.Make drop parties and crate keys more worth while. Vote, Party and Uncommon keys are worthless at this point mainly because of the prizes they offer.

.Change Auction house, Bounties the Lotteries price limits. In a game mode where trillions can be made in seconds or 1 quadrillion with one nuke, 25 million per lottery ticket or 1 billion max price limit on auction house & bounties is a joke.

.Add some fun minigames back to prison like coinflip or rock paper scissors with high stakes.

.Adding back /gangs, I know the /gangs plugin lost support but if another plugin can be found that would be great.

.Boss fights. Fun and competitive, this can linked to gangs, where the winning gangs can get a large sum of money in to a gang account which will be split according to the leader.

.Plots are completely fine but like someone else requested, cells could be given as an alternative option to plots.

.Make prestiging worth it, at the moment prestiging gives nothing of value to a player at that stage; a few tokens, a bad pickaxe, a few billion and a small multiplier.

.Change the prizes in the legendary crates, I could count probably 4/28 (excluding additional legendary keys) items in the legendary crate which would actually make a player happy to receive, roughly 60%- 70% of the items in the crates a player would throw away instantly upon receiving them whether it be a few hundred billion, XP, God apples or enchant crystals, which is why players on prison almost never buy legendary keys. Like other game modes, legendary keys should have the ability to win any of the prison ranks, a lot more tokens or rare useful crystals with special enchants that I've mentioned above.

.Either fix /warp shop or get rid of it, it's broken and has no use, I think the /shop menu is a more convenient option anyways so keep /shop.

.MCMMO could be added however I recommend not to considering the disarmed ability could drive people away from PVP like it does on Skyblock.

.Pouches on the OPPrison store is horrendous, 15 pounds for a chance of 1 - 10 Trillion maybe if you're just starting it'll take you half way through the ranks but after that it's useless. Either regulate the amount of money they give for their price or get rid of them from the store.

For prison to get more players? More advertising, after LC last advertised a few months ago, Prison would easily get 40+ people at a time a day however couldn't keep these players due to how outdated prison is, after the reset and more advertising I could see new players coming into LC daily for prison and staying.

Might add to this as later idk but this is what I can think of from the top of my head.
I totally agree with you, this list is very needed.

Semmu

May 2, 2016
The States
carrying on to what magiical stated above, I do believe that the pvp aspect of the game mode has definitely faded through ought the most recent resets. I first started playing the game mode back when the server was Lemon Prison, and with the most recent rese that Affixes did, he tried to make the game mode 'the same' as what it used to be years ago, but after the first month everyone realized that the game mode wasn't the same as it used to be. and just stopped playing completely.

I think it'd be cool to maybe add a 'play to win' aspect into the game, like get more buffs, pickaxes, or even multipliers for going up in prestige's. I know with this most recent reset, there are 'prestige kits' but they are pretty useless, and aren't used as much as they should be. While I do understand Lemon Cloud does need to make money somehow, you need to keep it fair for the people that are just starting out, and give them incentive to play the mode, rather than just giving them the starter items with no incentive.

While I do understand it is hard to make changes to the game mode its self, the community is what really brings the game mode together. I know most people only really get on to chat with each other, or say hello to their friends that they see online. I'd really love to see prison become the most popular game mode on Lemon Cloud, because as a long time player of the server, I know it's possible, as it's happened before.

Zayedtalks

Mar 22, 2021
Ok I understand lots of people like OP Prison. But the fact is what is the reason you can claim a plot in OP Prison. There should be a tutorial book of OP Prison given to you if your new.

Reactions: Ren_Jinguuji

DRAGON_BOY_09

Apr 7, 2021
I think OP Prison is very fun to play on, i've played on it over 40 times and i just prestiged, but we should be able to buy ranks with in game money, not by buying it from players, there should be a shop where we can go to and buy ranks for certain amounts of money, but overall, OP Prison is very fun to play on so go join in on the fun!

GoodBot

Nov 23, 2020
Washington D.C.
So one thing I would add is mining skills how you could get certain perks for how many levels you have an example of that is if you are mining level 20 you get a 5% mining speed boost and a certain chance to drop double ores.

Add a way to get good stuff by grinding a lot.

Make the PvP place bigger.

Noobez

Mar 29, 2017
Heaven
get rid of sharp 100s theyre only for nerds, also add a sugar cane or cactus eco since thats an easy way for starting players to make some more money. In my opinion, mcmmo shouldnt be added since tokens are kind of prison's mcmmo. If it were to be added, then I would suggest making the highest sharpness 20-25 on weapons. (and everything i said in the first thread :bite: )

(also if there is a way to have some use for xp that would b nice)

Last edited:
Reactions: Paccccc

Titansfan123

Mar 3, 2021
I tried it a few months back... like said above, the spawn is confusing. New to any Prison play... I didn't have a clue where to begin. I figured out how to get a plot.... but could never find it again after I left it the first time. Somehow, through chests I have more money than I know how to spend.... cause I'm not sure how to spend it. lol I also agree on more prison type storyline

cowpuns

Feb 27, 2016
TONKAS BASEMENT HELP!!!!!!!!
A lot of good points have already been made but I'll recap on what I think are the most important balancing changes that should be made:

• PvP Changes
    • A new PvP arena is badly needed. The current arena is way too big and players can easily escape combat.
    • Add a cooldown on ender pearls (already a thing on Factions / OPFactions, so should be rather easy to bring over). If someone is getting attacked they can just ender pearl spam and run from whichever pearl lands last.
    • Balance the enchants - sharpness 100 axes ruin PvP.
    • Touching on a point someone mentioned earlier, McMMO should not be added, it will only create more imbalances in PvP, unless there are McMMO limits specifically fine-tuned with the enchant limits of the game mode (such as the 3,750 axes cap for sharp 25 axes on OPFactions, and the 1,250 axes cap on Factions).
    • A few PvP custom enchants could be added since PvP is a big part of OPPrison (if these functioned the way they do on factions, it would actually give XP a purpose on prison). It's important that any custom enchants that are added are balanced to the game mode, so nothing crazy like Vitality VI on factions. Here are a few examples of custom enchants from Factions that could do well on OPPrison:
      • Armor Enchants:
        • Nourish I (hunger doesn't decay)
        • Strength - cap at II (permanent strength)
        • Agility - cap at II (permanent speed)
        • Molten - cap at II (Receive fire resistance and has the chance to set enemies on fire when hit)
      • Axe and Sword enchants:
        • Combo - cap at V (Deal more damage per hit after 2+ hits in a row without being attacked)
    • Edit: Gangs should also be reintroduced for economic purposes and for PvP purposes, thanks @Noobez for replying with this bit of info).

• Rank/Kit Changes
    • Prestige kits need to be buffed. Here's a comparison of the druglord kit compared to the last prestige kit you unlock:
      • In my opinion, the prestige 20 kit should at least match the president kit (the max donator rank).
    • Ranks should be reverted to their original names (for example, druglord -> Bedrock). President rank would obviously need a rank that matches the theme of the others, but that shouldn't be too hard to come up with (Also, it doesn't make too much sense for one of the ranks to be named druglord when one of the server rules states that you cannot talk about drugs).

• Crate Changes
    • Remove half of the crates. There are way too many for no reason. You could make the crates common, ultra, mega, epic, legendary, and rank crates like some of the other game modes. Make the vote party give a random key with rarities common through mega.
    • Add percentages so that players know how likely it is to pull a certain item from the crates.
    • Remove XP from the crates. It is useless.
    • Remove (or buff) the multipliers. Nobody uses them because they're so little compared to the multipliers we already have.
    • Change the amounts of money that the money notes & pouches are worth, it is way too little for a game mode where you can make trillions in seconds simply by mining.
    • Could make the crates give a small chance to give a kit (epic crate gives druglord, legendary gives president, etc.). This helps noobs who don't have armor and would like to pvp.
    • Remove the crystals. Nobody uses them because they aren't stackable. If you're going to keep the crystals, heavily nerf them (make them 1-2 enchant levels), but make them stackable.
    • Make crates open the way they do on OPFactions (instant crates). They're extremely annoying to open.

• Mine Changes
    • Make the donator mines much bigger. They are only 20x30x50. These mines are fine in the current state of the game mode where you have basically nobody in them, but when a reset happens and these mines are packed, it will be extremely annoying to mine with 20 other people in this very tiny mine.
    • Most of the mines are really ugly, a change in scenery would be nice.
    • Make the recurring reward (tokens) give a chance to drop other things, such as grenades, instant rank-up notes, or temporary multipliers.
    • Fix plot mines.

• Store Changes
    • Remove home allowances, nobody buys them.
    • Remove (or buff) pouches, nobody buys them.
    • Make the OP armor the max enchants possible (currently 100, but assuming this is nerfed in the reset, it would be whatever the new max level is).
There are obviously more changes that can be made to help improve OPPrison, but these are just some thoughts off the top of my head that I think would help keep the game mode alive after a reset. Hopefully, this list helps with development so this reset can be put out as soon as possible, because everyone knows prison needs it.

(Special thanks to @Semmu for helping me with this list <3)

Last edited:

Noobez

Mar 29, 2017
Heaven
get rid of sharp 100s theyre only for nerds, also add a sugar cane or cactus eco since thats an easy way for starting players to make some more money. In my opinion, mcmmo shouldnt be added since tokens are kind of prison's mcmmo. If it were to be added, then I would suggest making the highest sharpness 20-25 on weapons. (and everything i said in the first thread :bite: )

(also if there is a way to have some use for xp that would b nice)
bring back gangs also! it was a great way to hold money while prestiging

Reactions: GoodBot and cowpuns