Reporting system changes
in Suggestions2 posts5 reactions51
The new reporting system here (while necessary) is needlessly cumbersome and lacking the functionality of Discord, and I believe it is discouraging reports.
Here are a couple of the new barriers to reporting users face:
The dropdown menu for what you're reporting is incredibly long, and often staff are going to recategorize an offense anyway. My advice is make this form more like the Discord's was or make that field optional.
This new system makes players work a lot harder to submit image and video evidence, which are essential to reports. When submitting screenshots on Discord, you had 2 steps: 1) screenshot and 2) paste it into a ticket. Now to do the same thing I need to 1) screenshot, 2) save a file, 3) go to a website like imgur, 4) upload the image, 5) copy the link, and 6) paste the link on its own line. For video it's even harder - Discord could host a limited size of video, but here you require an outside website. Most free sites for video hosting come with a time limit, so unless staff can get to your ticket within a couple of days you have to re-upload your video to a Streamable. or you could host it unlisted on, let's say, youtube - but then again you are assuming users have access to a platform like that.
I bet there are some back-end changes you can make to bring the same features that made reporting simple before to this new platform.
I agree that it can still be improved - its already had a lot of updates, but will take time to make it more efficient.
I also struggle with uploading evidence/images for appeals, I tend to describe why someone was banned, whereas in the old system I would almost always send a screenshot. In some peoples reports they send links that I am wary of as they look unfamiliar and I can't see a preview, this makes me avoid the ticket which leads to slower resolution.
Generally, the layout for me from the staff side is quite overwhelming, but this feedback is useless because I am not sure how it can be fixed ๐ญ.
There are also some features here that are way better than what we had in the discord - for example, if your Minecraft is correctly linked we can see the punishment overview from the appeal, which is very nice :) Problem is that people make tickets from a different ign and then it all gets confusing!
I miss the discord ticket system, it was a lot easier for staff too, but unfortunately its not secure so we cannot go back to it.
2 posts

