Introducing modern Factions
We've got some exciting news to share. After months of hard work, we're pumped to announce that our Factions servers, 'Factions' and 'OPFactions', are merging into one! The new server will provide a smoother experience for players, and it's also finally been updated to the latest version of the game, leaving behind the legacy Factions game mode as you know it.
Whether you're a Factions pro or just starting, the new server is a fresh start for everyone. It's the perfect opportunity to build, defend, and conquer like never before. We can't wait to see what you do on the new LemonCloud Factions.
On Saturday, 28th January, Factions will reopen and mark the beginning of a new era for the game mode. We expect to open the server at 8 PM GMT. Click here to see what time it is in your time zone. The countdown is on!
Continue reading to see what's new in this update!
When the reset happens, most of your progressional data will start over: in-game money, mcMMO levels, inventory, ender chest, vaults, homes, etc. This reset gives all players a fresh start and the opportunity to start on a level playing field.
Don't worry; you'll keep: ranks, kit access, titles, and any other permanent access packages you've bought from the store.
Before we get into what's new, here are the important specifics for this upcoming map!
- Map Duration: 2 months
- Faction Member Limit: 10
- Daily Shield Duration: 8 hours
- Claim Buffer Limit: 10 chunks
- Regen Walls: Enabled
- Available Corners: 12
- Faction Corner Limit: 1
- Obsidian breaks with 3 TNT hits
- Custom Enchantments are available from the Enchanter at spawn
- No printer or large-scale cannons
- Wither raiding
- Overworld - 10k x 10k blocks - Enhanced Terrain
- Nether - 2.5k x 2.5k blocks - Vanilla Terrain
- End - 2.5k x 2.5k blocks - Superflat Terrain
- Random teleport is disabled for 1 hour on release (there is no nether or end warp, so these worlds are only accessible via their natural portals for the first hour!)
- Flying is allowed since all players are allowed to vote for fly access.
- Raiding (TNT, Creeper Eggs, Withers, Grenades and Semtexes) is disabled for the first 7 days
Let's take a look at what's new in this update!
The Factions community has undergone significant changes over the years. However, it has seen a decline in recent times due to several reasons. One major factor is that the EULA prohibited payouts. Additionally, the game version 1.8 became stale and lost its appeal. To address these issues and rejuvenate the community, we have decided to merge our two servers into one, with the goal of promoting the growth of modern Factions.
Please note that there is no need to worry. When the servers merge, all your current ranks and packages that you have paid for will be retained. Here is a summary of what you need to know about the merger:
- On the new Factions server, you'll automatically have your highest tier rank from either OPFactions or Factions.
- If you had a second rank on the other server, you'll be able to claim it in physical rank note form through
- Everything else (pets, disguises, particles, fly access and titles) will be automatically given back. Any duplicates are also claimable in item form from
So, for example, if you had Warlord rank on OPFactions and LemonGod rank on Factions, you'll automatically have the 5th tier rank on Factions and also be able to claim it as a physical redeem item that you can sell, trade, or give to a friend!
Blueprints are items that players can purchase from the in-game shop on Factions. Upon placing a blueprint, a schematic of a TNT cannon will appear, and can be constructed automatically for a fee!
- Blueprints have a core block that, when clicked, opens their control panel
- Blueprints can be rotated 90 degrees to face your desired direction
- Blueprints are smart and can detect if the cannon breaks, in which case you can pay a smaller fee to instantly repair your cannon
- Blueprints are permanent and can be picked up and used again elsewhere!
We hope this feature helps players who are new to factions with one of the methods of raiding!
The Enchanter is available, offering custom enchantments!
- Purchase Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Legendary enchantment books for XP
- Over 50+ custom enchantments are available
- Exchange unwanted enchantments or weaponry with the Tinkerer to receive XP or Mystery Dust
- Combine enchantment books and mystery dust by visiting the Alchemist
To make this Factions experience one for all, we’ve made several changes to how raiding works. As you have already read, blueprints will allow new and old players to quickly and easily construct cannons via our in-game shop! This season will also feature a shift towards smaller-scale cannons, which opens cannoning to a more significant majority of players, and wither raiding makes a debut on LemonCloud for a fun PvE method to raiding!
Our update to 1.19 comes with numerous updates to our economy, including tweaks to economy values across the board. Spawners can now stack (up to 50), be sold to the server shop for a reduced price, and will now naturally increase in value (contributing to
/f top) to reach their sell price after 7 days. As a result of now utilising 1.19, we’ve added dozens of new decorative blocks to the shop, allowing you to make the most incredible base interior ever seen!
- Updated the server to natively run on 1.19.3
- New spawn, warzone and KoTH arenas
- Added gold, silver and bronze medals to chat for the top 3 factions
- Added a podium at spawn with NPCs for the top 3 factions
- Improved the message design of various factions commands, such as
- Reduced the chunk buffer limit from 20 to 10 chunks
- Disabled raid claims (to simplify raiding)
- Set the obsidian durability to 5
- Added a new 6th tier rank, Overlord
- Added a random generating parkour minigame to spawn
- Updated the rank kit contents
- Improved the layout of various GUI menus
- Improved the scoreboard design
- Updated the prizes in all crates, and removed the Ultra crate
- Added the Cosmetic Crate, bringing pets, disguises, particles and emojis to factions
- Updated and simplified the ruleset
More minor changes, such as bug fixes, are posted in the #changelog channel in our Discord server.